Ho! Ho! Ho! Welcome to the San Diego Santas, Real Santas with Real Beards, website. We love being Santas—and we love our Mrs. Clauses and elves, too. Our Santas group has been in existence since 2008 and we are a non-profit organization under the IRS 501(c) 7, wanting to bring good cheer to boys and girls, of all ages, everywhere. We are here to help people throughout San Diego and beyond embrace the magic of Christmas and create special memories that will last you and your loved one for many years to come.
If you are a Santa, Mrs. Claus, or elf, you are welcome to join us at one of our monthly meetings (held the first Wednesday of each month) to socialize and interact; and help each other grow in our holiday cheer.
Our Goals and Tenets:
- We endeavor to foster a reverence for the Spirit of Christmas and respect for all children, without regard to race, creed or religious denomination.
- We pledge to provide professional Santa services to community service organizations such as Boys and Girls Clubs, scout groups, hospitals, churches, etc.
- We pledge to maintain a positive Santa persona at all times when we are in public.
- We pledge to recommend fellow members for appearances/bookings/clients we cannot accept or attend, and to support our group’s efforts to serve the best interests of children and the community.
- We pledge to respect and encourage each member’s approach to being Santa, to enhance our individual skills, and to promote enthusiasm and enjoyment through peer training and support.
San Diego Santas is open to anyone who:
- Grows and maintains a real beard for the purpose of portraying Santa Claus.
- Enjoys interaction with other Real Bearded Santas and is willing to share and help other members with any questions or problems they may have encountered as a Santa.
- As a chapter of FORBS, all members must meet the standards, requirements and expectations as established by the Fraternal Order of Real Bearded Santas. These actions include but are not limited to background investigations, obtaining personal liability insurance, and other responsible actions as deemed appropriate.
Associate Membership Qualifications
- The spouse or partner of a current member.
- Any performer who regularly appears with a member as Mrs. Claus or as an elf.